Saturday, March 10, 2012

10-Second Tip: Loading/Unloading Magic

It is finals week and, unfortunately, the next 7 days of my life will be spent studying and writing essays. However, I don't want to leave my Strength Musings readers hanging, so I have a quick tip to share.

When you are loading/unloading multiple plates during/after a deadlift session, place a 5 pound plate on the ground next to the first plate and roll the first plate on top of it. This will elevate the rest of the plates, making it much easier to slide them off of the bar. For the visual learners out there, this is how it is done:

While I am lucky enough to currently lift at a gym that has a deadlift jack, I used this trick a lot this past summer while working with clients at an internship. I was reminded of this when I recently saw Klokov do it in a video. For those of you who don't know of Klokov, behold:
 
551 pound paused front squat.


 540 pound jerk.

496 pound push press.

Damn, I am looking forward to the Olympics this summer!

That is it for this week. If you haven't already, be sure to check out some of my past articles. Liftin' Skillz and Setting Up For The Bench Press: A Systematic Approach have been especially popular. Thanks for reading and keep getting stronger!

2 comments:

  1. This gentleman will win it all in his division.....easily!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read you post and that was amazing article, thanks for sharing this ultimate post about loading and unloading.

    ReplyDelete